HXEVK1600 Iridium Band Antenna Development Kit
Part of the HXDC1600 series of DielectriX™ antennas from Helix Geospace which are highly resilient, ruggedised designed for hand-held and other products where size and performance are critical.
These antennas have high discrimination against multi-path (reflected) signals, and are immune to RF and electrical noise. They are balanced and isolated from platform ground, ensuring immunity to common-mode noise, and are unaffected by nearfield object de-tuning. The antenna also supports Satelles STL (Satellite Time and Location) services, used for GPS back-up.
Due to the patent-protected usage of unique dielectric core material, HXDC1600 DielectriX antennas deliver outstanding performance that belies their compact size.
1 x HXDC1610-SAA passive, over-moulded antenna (with SMA connector) – (L) 50.5mm x (D)19mm – weight 26g
1 x aluminium mounting bracket (with magnet) (L) 39mm (W) 53mm (H) 54mm
1 x 3 m connecting cable.
Helix Geospace HXDC1600 series antennas are ideally suited for Iridium applications in which resilience and compact form factor are essential:
- All Iridium voice and SBD (Short Burst Data) applications – satphones and terminals
- Satelles STL service applications
- Defence/security/CNI/first responder
- Asset tracking and fleet vehicle tracking
- Internet of Things
- Personal safety devices
- Hand-held and wearable devices
- Autonomous vehicles and drones
- Industrial/Oil & gas/Mining